How GP Appointments Work
GP Appointments are at 10 minute intervals and the GPs make every effort to run to time, however there may be occasions when the GP has to deal with clinical emergencies or complex issues and this could lead to their surgery overrunning. If the GP is running late the receptionist will let you know.
Please ensure you arrive promptly at your appointment time. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late you have missed your appointment and will be asked to re-book.
If you no longer require an appointment that you have booked please cancel it as soon as possible and at least one hour before the appointment time.
Doctors' appointments are available morning and late afternoon Monday-Friday.
Please Note: You may be unable to book an appointment with your preferred doctor; however we will do our best to accommodate your preference. There is a leaflet available at reception showing the current appointment schedules.
If You Want to Book in Advance:
Important Notice: Due to COVID-19, booking appointments online is temporarily suspended.
- We have appointments available up to 3 weeks ahead - these can be booked in person or using the on-line booking facility.
- You can register for the online service on-line book or please ask registration for your personal registration letter.
- To book appointments or register for our on-line booking facility use:
If You Need to be Seen as Soon as Possible:
- If the medical problem is urgent please call the practice. If appropriate, the reception staff will add you to the callback list. In some cases the doctor will request to see you that day and will then book a face-to-face consultation.
How to Cancel an Appointment
If you have an appointment that you are unable to attend please call and cancel at least one hour before the appointment time.
- Our cancellation line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Phone 020 8049 2512 and leave a message. Please state your name, date of birth, appointment time and the clinician you are booked to see.
- If you are registered for on-line booking you can cancel your appointment on-line. (Currently suspended)
- You can also reply ‘CANCEL’ to your appointment reminder text.
Out-of-Hours Urgent Medical Problems
- When the surgery is closed: please use our out-of-hours service for URGENT MEDICAL PROBLEMS ONLY - Call NHS 111
Practice Nurse Team
The nurse team provide a wide range of services including:
(Online booking currently suspended)
- Cervical Cytology (smears)
- Family Planning
- Sexual Health (women only)
- General Treatment (e.g. blood pressure checks)
- Lifestyle Advice (e.g. diet and exercise etc.)
- Travel Vaccinations*
- Registration Checks (Currently suspended)
- Blood tests
- Asthma Check
- Diabetic and COPD reviews
- General Vaccinations (e.g. tetanus, shingles etc.)
- Baby Vaccinations (from 8 weeks old)
The wide range of services provided by the nurse and HCA team include:
If you are unsure whether the Practice Nurse can help you – check with the reception staff before making the appointment.
*If you are booking Travel Vaccinations online please specify the country you are visiting in the 'appointment reason' box.